Prof. Luciano Floridi and Lord Clement-Jones write about the 5 principles for AI converged upon by the House of Lords and the HLEG (High Level Expert Group) on AI for the European Commission.
1) AI must be beneficial to humanity.
2) AI must not infringe on privacy or undermine security.
3) AI must protect and enhance our autonomy and ability to take decisions and choose between alternatives.
4) AI must promote justice and be fair, fighting inequality and promoting diversity and tolerance.
5) AI systems must be understandable and explainable.